On-Board Ethernet Switch
With 5 total Ethernet connections and optional BroadR-Reach, this controller allows for centralized communications from peripheral devices that require high-speed data transmission.
A next-generation machine controller built for advanced applications
The ESX.4cs-gw is a compact, modern-designed fourth generation control unit from STW. As a freely programmable communications gateway, it not only offers controller capabilities, but can also operate as a communications hub for the entire onboard vehicle network. With multiple ethernet switch options available, it is ready for the latest in high-speed machine peripherals.
With the 4CS controller - "C" and IEC61131 as program languages are supported. The respective development environments for this are CODESYS and openSYDE. openSYDE is characterized above all by its openness: freely utilizable interfaces to programs such as those for the recording of requirements or the integration of third-party control units. With openSYDE, rapid realization of applications which must take functional safety into account is possible. In addition, openSYDE offers the Development and Service Team a user-friendly operator interface in ultra-modern design and impresses users with its continuity, from the definition of variables, right up to support.
- CAN x 6
- RS232 x 1
- Ethernet Switch Options
- 1 Gb
- 100 Mb
- Additional Ethernet Diagnostics Port
- LIN x 1
- Analog Inputs x 4
- Multi Inputs x 8
- Digital/PWM Outputs x 4
- Sensor Supply x 2
- 32 bit Aurix Multicore @ 300MHz
- RAM - 2 MB Internal
- Flash - 8 MB Internal
- Data Flash - 16 MB Internal
- EEPROM - 32 kB
Flexible programming in C, logi.CAD (IEC 61131-3), or STW’s lifecycle support framework openSYDE.
- Manufactured in Germany using the latest in advanced electronics for mobile machines and off-highway vehicles
- Compact - small footprint without sacrificing computing power
- Freely programmable - SIL2 rated for mobile off-highway industry safety standards
- Cast aluminum housing - high resistance to shock, vibration, EMI/EMC, and drastic changes in temperature
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of up to 50 years