February 3, 2020
We understand it is important to create the flexibility to expand the feature set of your own telematics modules and what better way to do it than to give our users the freedom to create their own custom applications. With this in mind, we have designed a place in VDSR for users to upload their own custom scripts and referenced configuration files. Users will then have the ability to assign their applications to different profiles making the deployment to devices on the field as hassle-free as possible.
Device App Concepts
- Device App: A device app is a group of dependency files and scripts that work jointly to run a specific program or functionality on the Telematics device (TCG4) A device app can be formed with distinctive files, shared files, or a combination of both.
- Shared Files: Is the name for any file that is uploaded without any grouping that has intentionally been created to be shared across multiple applications. These are files that have the same functionality on every application such as credentials or generic settings.
- Launcher File: Is the specific file inside a Device application that is called with start/stop parameter by the device, and is responsible to start or stop the Device Application.
Release Notes 2.5.1
- Fixed a bug with client names being repeated in the department column of the devices list in the admin page.
- Fixed a bug that caused some devices not appearing with the correct status.
- Improved the performance while processing log files.
- Fixed an issue with alarms in the profile section showing a false error.
Release Notes 2.5.0
- Fixed an issue when deleting log files caused the delete process to hang.
- Updated the configuration landing page layout.
- Improved some sluggishness with the device list.
- Simplified the permissions settings for client groups.